Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDMI Extender not working

@Clw1 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
seagul52

I just recieved HDMI extender for my Roku stick which overheats. It is NOT working, the same port used without extender works.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@seagul52 

Thanks for the information.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jackie678
Reel Rookie

Just got HDMI extender for overheating streaming plus stick. Now will not recognize the equipment. Seems once very reliable Roku has got manufacturing issues. VERY disappointed for time and money wasted with no real solution. Replacing all parts may have the same outcome after even more effort.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jackie678 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jackie678
Reel Rookie

How do I send you a PM?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jackie678 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Techhound
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue. My new stream stick was overheating so I ordered the HDMI extension cable. When the extension cable is hooked up I get no picture.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Techhound 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? When you plug the device into the HDMI port, without the extension, do you see the same issue?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried plugging the device and extension into another TV to see if you see the same issue?

With more information we will be able to assist you further. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Techhound
Channel Surfer

It's powered by the USB wall outlet that came with it. It's plugged into an HDMI switch. It has overheated from about the first 10 minutes of operation. It will go on and off overeating periodically. I sent for the HDMI extension cable and tried it but I don't get any picture when I plug it into the extension cable. 

0 Kudos