Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lnjohnson
Channel Surfer

Green light on remote won’t stop rapidly flashing

I did search but the things that I came across I’m not helpful on this topic and it doesn’t seem like anybody’s issues were resolved and it was from 2020 so I don’t even know who the person was running the forum is still here. My remote is fairly new it’s less than a year old and then out of the blue stopped working I took the batteries out to see if the batteries need to be replaced and I replace them with new batteries the green light is still flashing very fast. I don’t know what happened I tried to do a hard reset (via “support”  on Roku website) that did not work I replaced the new batteries with another set of new batteries and that did not work. I don’t know what’s wrong with this remote but it is not old and I don’t wanna keep paying for a new remote every six months. If this is Roku‘s way of trying to get people to buy the new remote this is a problem and it needs to be resolved because I’m not paying $30 for a new remote when I have a perfectly good one that should be working they just decided not to work out the blue.

Tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Green light won’t stop rapidly flashing

Hello @Lnjohnson

We're here to help!

For clarification, have you tried re-pairing the remote to your Roku? If not, you can try giving it a shot then let us know if there's any difference after. You can check this Support article for instructions with the suggestion above: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote

Please also reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be located at the back or underneath the player itself.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lnjohnson
Channel Surfer

The issue is when I do the reset like the instructions say whenever I put the batteries back in when I’m supposed to & the rapid blinking starts again so I don’t have the option to pair the remote at all at this point. I feel like in order for that to take place the rapid blinking has to stop and I literally replaced the batteries with another set of new batteries after putting new batteries in for the third time that’s three sets of new batteries and the blinking still happens! I can’t even get the remote to re-pair at this point I do the reset like it supposed to be done according to the instructions I put the batteries in when I’m supposed to according to the instructions the rapid Blinking continues. 
serial number:  YR001N598372

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Lnjohnson

Thanks for the response!

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Your Roku may only be receptive to a pairing request from the remote for a short period of time when the Roku first starts up.

Have you pulled the power plug on your Roku, then plugged it back in after a minute or two?  Try reinserting the remote batteries when the Roku first restarts.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
pacmanagain
Reel Rookie

I have this very same issue - rapidly flashing light on remote as soon as batteries inserted - I have gone through all the advised reset process

As soon as batteries are inserted light flashes rapidly and no reset process works

Is there a resolution that is publicly available as the last person with the issue you directed to private mail

(I got a remote from my bedroom roku device - this remote does not do the rapid flashing and the reset process enabled me to sync with my main Roku device)

The flashing remote did not sync with the bedroom roku either - new batteries fitted went through full sync procedure

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @pacmanagain

Thanks for the post.

Just to confirm, have you also tried the troubleshooting steps available in this Support link: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote?

If so and the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
pacmanagain
Reel Rookie

Ok

Just checked again

With the original remote as soon as I put in the batteries I get a very fast flashing green light on the remote
Pressing the sync button does nothing light still flashing rapidly

I get another remote for one of my other Roku devices press the pair button and it links to Roku streaming stick Plus no problem

I now have 2 of my other Roku remotes working with this Roku streaming stick Plus
So the issue is clearly with the remote and not the stick

Is there a reset remote procedure I can implement

I have even tried on one of the working remotes to insert the battery whilst holding down one of the buttons incase a button stuck down could cause this flashing light issue. Doing this does not recreate this issue

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

There is no procedure for resetting the remote. Ready with fresh batteries, have one in the remote leave the other aside, unplug the stick from the power for a bit, now plug it back in, after stops bouncing put in the second battery, disrefard the light flashing already, you press the pairing button for 5 seconds and release. Let it communicate with roku, if the light goes out thats fine don't touch a thing until you get conformation its paired. If you have other roku's in the house unplug the power from them during pairing of this roku and remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lnjohnson
Channel Surfer

I had the same issue and I’m just gonna let you know I don’t know what brand of a Roku you have I had the Roku premiere and I was basically told after doing all of the things that he’s telling you to do now that they aren’t able to replace the remote they said that you’re gonna have to buy a new remoteor buy a new Roku outright because they don’t service that Roku anymore since it’s an older model which is effed up