Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Going through batteries like crazy!

I recently purchased the Roku Ultra w/JBL ear buds (about 6 weeks ago) and have had to change the batteries about 4 times to date. All brand new batteries. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything I can do about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Going through batteries like crazy!

Do you leave the earphones plugged in when not in use?

I don't know about the Ultra, but the remote that came with my Roku 3 several years ago kept the earphone amplifier in the remote active (and using up batteries) whenever the earphones were plugged in, no matter whether I was streaming anything.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes, I have had the same issue that started recently after two years of problem-free use.  New batteries installed appear to die within a day or two when headphones are plugged in.  No such issue if headphones are not used.  Wondering if there was some software update that is causing this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@sginjersey 

Thanks for the post.

What you are experiencing is to be expected as when using the Private Listening feature on the remote, it will use significantly more power than without using headphones.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos