Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Gaming remote vs Voice remote for roku 3

Jump to solution

My roku 3 remote broke. I am looking.for a replacement. I see two options Voice remote and Gaming remote. Which one is closest to original? are they both rf or point anywhere? 

I rarely play games on it but want to be able to point anywhere. Help please

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Gaming remote vs Voice remote for roku 3

Jump to solution

The gaming remote is the same remote that came with the roku 3. Its wifi, with headphone jack remote. But has no IR tv controls. The $19.99 voice remote is wifi and can control the tv power and volume, no headphone jack. There's the Enhanced Voice remote for $29.99, headphonre jack, wifi, and has tv controls. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

The gaming remote is the same remote that came with the roku 3. Its wifi, with headphone jack remote. But has no IR tv controls. The $19.99 voice remote is wifi and can control the tv power and volume, no headphone jack. There's the Enhanced Voice remote for $29.99, headphonre jack, wifi, and has tv controls. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I see that the accessories page has the enhanced voice remote as officially compatible with Roku 4+ only, but @Tivoburkee you mention it here and in another thread.

Has anyone tried pairing one of these with a Roku 3 (4230 series) ? Which functions should I expect would and wouldn't work? Headphone jack work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Following up to mention, ended up purchasing the Enhanced Voice Remote and it works great with Roku 3, despite not being officially compatible. Headphone jack, TV buttons, programmable shortcut buttons all work. The only feature that seems to be missing is the lost remote beep locator (of course, since the 3 doesn't have a hardware button for it).

0 Kudos