Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badtrucks281
Reel Rookie

Re: Frozen on Screensaver, buttons not responding

Jump to solution

I have the same issues as @Lenama and have unplugged power and replaced batteries in remote, still have no control Not even to get into settings. There is another issue though, my roku stand-alone Device remote now controls my TCL TV in the living room. This is a first in years.

CS38D014536

Model: 4660X2

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@badtrucks281, I assume you have a voice remote or other Wi-Fi direct remote since no other Roku remote will control a Roku TV.  It sounds like it got unpaired from your 4660 and got paired to your TV somehow.  Press and hold the pairing button on the back or inside the battery compartment until the light starts flashing and then restart your 4660 by unplugging the power cord for several seconds and plug it back in.  You may want to unplug your Roku TV during the process so it can't interfere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
badtrucks281
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I searched even further and found the reset button in the battery compartment of my remote. I push it and it automatically connected. Didn't see that posted in the community. Thank you for your insight.

0 Kudos