Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Free HDMI extender

Jump to solution

I totally agree with @renojim 

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extension, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other.  I use one several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV.  You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally, or for sure online, and not have to wait for Roku to ship it to you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
kandagn
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to request free HDMI extender for Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

I recently bought two Roku Streaming Stick. I need the HDMI extender to be able to plug them into my TVs. I tried requesting the free HDMI extenders on https://my.roku.com/hdmi. However, every time I get a message that my serial numbers (for both units) are wrong. It is the number on the back of the Roku stick, clearly marked SN. I retyped it so many times. my roku SN 215139055312

Any help/advise would be very appreciated. 

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@DEANONUTIN

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us with the serial number/device ID that is shown on your Roku device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kandagn, use the serial number that shows under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Janet6

Re: Free HDMI extender can’t order

Jump to solution

I am having same issue with ordering a “free” extender cable. Won’t go through. So frustrating. 

0 Kudos
kandagn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i am unable to plug in the Roku stick, and go to setup to setting/system/about without the hdmi extender cable. please help! 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Free HDMI extender can’t order

Jump to solution

@Janet6

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you seeing an error message? What Roku model device are you using and can you please provide the serial number you are using on the online form?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kandagn

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that the number that you have provided is the device ID, the serial number you will need to use is: YH0093055312.

Please keep us posted if you still need further assistance with requesting your HDMI extender.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Claatu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the issue others have reported: after entering all information on the website form to request an HDMI extended, nothing happens when I try to submit the information. I have tried multiple different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and even Amazon's Silk) all with the same result. Please either update the code on the website so that it will function on current web browsers or assist with a workaround. Thanks!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Claatu

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Have you made sure you are entering the correct serial number of your Roku Streaming Stick found in Settings > System > About. In addition, please be aware that serial numbers don't use the letter "O" but rather the number zero.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide the serial number of your Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Claatu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I made sure I was entering the correct serial number: YH0068916005.  I tried entering it multiple different ways using zeroes and/or capital letter O's. Upon entering all information, including the serial number when I click on the "Continue" button at the bottom of the form nothing happens. No error messaging, no warnings, just absolutely no response. I tried this in multiple different web browsers - same thing no response. A number of other folks posted this behaviour earlier in this thread but no resolution if they ever got around it.

0 Kudos