Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melvinrocks1
Level 7

Forgot my remote and want to use phone to turn channels and does not see the roku I brought.

Forgot my remote and want to use phone to turn channels and does not see the roku I brought.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Forgot my remote and want to use phone to turn channels and does not see the roku I brought.

You can't connect a Roku to a new Wi-Fi without a remote unless you can set up the Wi-Fi to mirror the one it's expecting.  What's the model number of the Roku?  If it's anything other than a stick you may be able to run to the nearest dollar store and pick up a universal remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Melvinrocks1
Level 7

Re: Forgot my remote and want to use phone to turn channels and does not see the roku I brought.

The model # is 3930x

0 Kudos
Melvinrocks1
Level 7

It is not a stick roku

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@renojim wrote:

What's the model number of the Roku?  If it's anything other than a stick you may be able to run to the nearest dollar store and pick up a universal remote.

@Melvinrocks1 - Your 3930X is a Roku Express.

When you pick up that cheap universal remote, be sure it is one that says it controls Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Melvinrocks1
Level 7

Thank you for your help!!

0 Kudos