Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahansen_73
Level 7

Faulty HDMI cable ends slip off in TV port

Less than a year ago I purchased a brand new Roku Express. It has worked well for as little as our living room TV is used. Today I decided to unhook all of my electronics as not to have to drag cables around as I placed things. As a backup to our IT department at work, I am ALWAYS kind to my cables. If you've ever been yelled at for breaking a tab on a cat5 once... you do everything gently. Today, the outside casing of the HDMI cable end stayed in my TV while the shredded end came out on its own. 

It should be easy enough to remove the casing from the TV's HDMI port. It has a few to spare should it not work. At this point I afraid to try removing the other end from the Roku box. Has anyone else had this happen?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Faulty HDMI cable ends slip off in TV port

Can't say I've had that issue with an HDMI cable in particular (though its happened with other cables).

I have seen reports of HDMI *ports* breaking off in/with Roku devices, but not an HDMI cable itself.

TV's HDMI ports in particular tend to be tighter due to narrow clearances and an apparent desire/idea to prevent the cables from coming out easily.

1) Power off both TV and Roku for 10-15 minutes

2) Carefully remove HDMI cable from Roku

3) Buy and use new HDMI cable

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos