Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allwein1

Fast Forward Speed TOO Fast

I have a Sharp ROKU Remote for Living Room TV and another for Bedroom TV.  I can Fast Forward with Remote in Bedroom to Skip Brief Sections.  But when I press the Same Fast Forward Button on Living Room Remote, it goes TOO Fast and I can not just skip a brief portion.  Can I Adjust the Remote so I can Fast Forward through BRIEF Sections without going Several Minutes ahead?

43 REPLIES 43
Nurcee32

The remote Fast Forward Speed way TOO Fast

Roku support,

I'm having the same "very frustrating" issue as the previous post copied and pasted below! Please advise how to remedy this very inconvenient issue.

"Fast Forward Speed TOO Fast

it goes TOO Fast and I can not just skip a brief portion.  Can I Adjust the Remote so I can Fast Forward through BRIEF Sections without going Several Minutes ahead?"

Peggy_Too
Reel Rookie

Re: Fast Forward Speed TOO Fast

I have a Roku 3 with the same issue. It seems to have just started within the last week or two. I have to fast rewind-fast forward-fast rewind-fast forward over and over to try to get to where I want to be. Waste of time. Very frustrating. Did Roku push an update that caused this? Does anyone have a solution for it?

Tags (2)
RAdams
Reel Rookie

Same.  This started today with Roku 3 and Amazon Prime. Fast forward on the first press advances about 2 minutes of video per second. The 2nd & 3rd speeds are all the same. This feature has never been right; it used to be 4 seconds at a time, then 8 seconds at a time, then 12-15 minutes at a time for the 3rd step. I thought that was bad but now it's unusable. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I haven't experienced this issue, but have you tried using the Left/Right arrow buttons instead of <</>>?  Each click should go about 10 seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Peggy_Too
Reel Rookie

renojim, thank you for this info. The single arrow buttons do just what you said.

sammy15
Channel Surfer

Re: The remote Fast Forward Speed way TOO Fast

I'm having the same issue.  Out of the blue a week ago this started happening with the Prime Video channel.  I'd like the functionality to return to what it was.

bzk

I'm having the same problem and it started a few days ago. I noticed there was an update on June 7th.  Likely cause?

0 Kudos
Zapika

Same problem in a roku TV, it happens in Amazon prime video, I'm also looking for the solution for that

0 Kudos
Debz

I'm having the same problem and my remote does not have a single arrow right or left so I am stuck with Fast forward and Fast Reverse and it is way too fast!  We need this to be fixed please!