Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UpsetCustomer1
Level 8

Factory reset remote glitch

After factory resetting my Roku stick the remote magically won't pair to the device anymore even though it worked perfectly when I did factory reset. This was never a problem before I did the most recent update I could factory reset whenever I wanted and the remote would stay paired but now the remote and device act like they aren't even from the same company let alone work off of the same software. So now IDK what to do cuz I really don't want to buy another one of your products just for it to do the same thing when I factory reset it cuz a lot of people are having the same problem with even more recent generations of your device.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Factory reset remote glitch

If before it remained paired then you didn't actually factory reset it, it always loses pairing after a true factory reset. To factory reset the stick it has to be powered when pressing the reset button for more then 30 seconds. 

So now it is actually factory reset, so with new batteries in, and have roku in sight of the remote for better results just during pairing, then if you wish you bury it behind the tv. It may take a few tries. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
UpsetCustomer1
Level 8

Okay that was kind of helpful except for the part where you push the reset button on the Roku stick for 30 seconds all that does is restart it not factory resetand no amount of times I unplug and replug it the light on the remote still does not come on when pairing and please don't insult my intelligence by saying put new batteries in LOL 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Does this video from Roku help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK3T6eXqPU8
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
UpsetCustomer1
Level 8

Nope but thanks for trying to help. I'm just saying this was never a problem before I did the software update

0 Kudos