Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Express+ Remote won’t pair with Samsung TV

@ElJefe  Thanks for the clarification. Our of curiosity, do you have another TV in the house that you can try testing the remote power and volume control setup on, to see if it works with that TV? If not, it may indicate an issue with the remote itself. 

Let me know what you find out and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Apologies for the delay.  I tried it on another Roku on a different TV, it was able to control the Roku but had the same issue of NOT being able to sync up with the TV (an LG).  So from that test, it seems that the remote is the issue.  What are my options with that?  Is there a way to fix the remote, or do I need to get a new remote?  A little concerning that the remote was a little over 1.5 years old and now it isn't working.  Any recommendations, thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ElJefe  Thanks for the info. To confirm, are you following the steps outlined here to set up your remote for TV power and volume control? https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828

If you aren't able to control your TV using the first code that is selected, you may need to follow the additional steps listed here to select the correct code for your TV: https://support.roku.com/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-...

Try going through the process once more and let us know if you still need more help from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I was following the instructions, and would get through all 50 codes and it would end with it stating that it can't pair.  Wasn't working at all then later in the evening just started to randomly work for volume and power for the TV.  Do you think it is a remote going bad?

0 Kudos