Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
honey22
Reel Rookie

Express 4k+ Original Remote Not Pairing

I just bought a new Express 4k+ and the remote it came with will not pair to the device. The green light blinks like it’s supposed to, but the pairing screen won’t go away so I can’t continue setting it up. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting options I could find, but nothing has worked.

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
KEVWAH

Re: Express 4k+ Original Remote Not Pairing

I'm having the same problem. I've spent 2+ hours on this. Read all the online articles. Read through the Community boards, etc., Nothing works. Very frustrating to say the least!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@honey22 @KEVWAH

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend checking the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: 
Pair a voice remote
Fix your remote
If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If the express 4k+ remote isn't paired with Roku device it then emits IR signals for Roku commands. And so would control your express 4k+ if it had line of sight to the Roku itself. You can check to see if the remote is emitting IR by pressing a button while pointing at your cellphone camera, if you see flashes it's IR. No flashes means it has paired with Roku and it's still plugged into power. So do you have another Roku close by that it paired to on accident, or neighbor close by with one?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
honey22
Reel Rookie

Thank you, but I tried all of the troubleshooting ideas that I could find before I posted, both from those articles and from the community board. Nothing has worked yet, the serial number is S07P216C4M88

0 Kudos
AwkwardRocket
Reel Rookie

I have this same issue.  Express 4K+ loads and then remote will not pair.  I have the blinking green light on the remote but nothing further.  Model 3941X Serial#S07P515DSSRJ

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @AwkwardRocket

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps available in this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working

Keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AwkwardRocket
Reel Rookie

Hello yes I did go through the troubleshooting multiple times over a few days.  I still have the same result, flashing green light on remote and device stays on pairing screen.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@AwkwardRocket

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
intpseeker

Brand new to replace a roku stick that will not be supported in future. Will not pair.

SSN# S07P223KPGSR Model 3941X

0 Kudos