Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSkidding

Express 4K remote issues. Help!

Our family picked up a Roku Express 4K at Walmart, less than 2 weeks ago, as an easy way to watch movies and television. As of 2 days ago we've all been down sick and thus watching more than usual.

Our remote has chosen this finest of times to stop functioning. I have reset everything I have read to reset. I have unplugged, removed batteries, replaced batteries,  done a factory reset and more. Then my husband proceeded to do all of those things again in case I just hadn't crossed my fingers just right. 

No improvement. The device comes on just fine when you plug it in and the little purple light flashes just like it always has but it will not respond to button pushes from the remote.

Now it's had a factory reset, the device can't hook to the wifi and therefore can't be connected to the app where I could maybe use my phone to control it. Nope. 

Help! I'm begging. I'm a poor, tired, sick mama that needs to be tucked into bed instead of fussing with all this.  If anybody knows something I don't, have mercy on a weary woman and tell me. If you're from support or customer service, you may have a faulty remote on your hands and I'd like one that works for more than 2 weeks please. 

Thanks, S.P.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Express 4K remote issues. Help!

@JSkidding

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your router to see if that helps resolve the issue you are experiencing with remote functionality?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos