Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express 4K+ Remote compatible w/ LG TV?

Yes the Ultra accepts IR commands as well. Only Roku sticks like the 3810 Stick+ doesn't accept IR commands and so won't work with your harmony. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
senord
Level 7

Thanks TivoB! I just read about the 4K+ uses smartphone to listen to TV, so I don't have to upgrade to the Ultra to have the aux jack in the remote. I might be able to re-pair the one I have now to work with 4K+ also. So, I pre-ordered the Express 4K+. I can't wait! we will finally be down to one remote and an occasional roku remote or phone to listen using headphones. 

0 Kudos
trharper
Level 7

The Roku does have the latest update.   When I 'checked now', it had no updates available.

Yes, the C7 has 6.00.05 installed.

Yes, I have SIMPLINK on the C7 enabled and 1 touch play enabled on Roku.  Very good questions -- I had to verify them all....but it appears all of these are in order.

0 Kudos
cjc3039
Level 7

I'm having the exact problem using my Express 4K+ remote with both my 2020 Samsung TV and my brother's 2021 LG TV.  Software for the Roku Remote and both TV is up to date. Remote's voice control and channel control work, but turning on/off and volume control don't work. If somebody could tell me the name and model of a couple or more ALL the TVs Express 4K+ features will work with, I'd be very appreciative. Geesh, wouldn't you think Roku would mention the fact that all the remote's features may not work with some TVs....and then give us a list of TVs that will be able to use ALL the remote's features? Sure would save us customers and Roku's customer service reps a lot of time and trouble, not to mention aggravation. This is no way to win friends and influence people. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@cjc3039

You re-setup your remote?  Settings/Remotes & devices/Remotes/<remote name> (In use)/Set up remote for TV control

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
trharper
Level 7

I resetup everything, but finally just gave up.  Volume for my LG+Soundbar never worked.  Sorry to report the bad news.

0 Kudos