Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Citysound415
Reel Rookie

Remote Voice Pro On / Off not working with Epson Home Cinema 2100 and Smart Soundbar

I just upgraded my remote for my Roku Smart Soundbar from the Voice Remote to the Voice Remote Pro to make my setup basically the same as the Roku Streambar Pro (at the suggestion of support).  I want to be able to use headphones for late night viewing

The new Voice Remote Pro will not turn on and off either the Smart Soundbar or the Epson Home Cinema. The older remote worked perfectly. I have gone through all the steps in the forums, updated the software and firmware, re-paired remote over and over.  When I go to the "Control Your TV" settings using the new Voice Remote Pro, "Epson" is not available as a TV brand and the remote would not control the On/Off for the projector, but also the On/Off function would not work to turn the Soundbar on and off on its own. To turn off the Soundbar I had to unplug it.

However, when I re-pared my original remote and searched in the "Control Your TV", "Epson" does come up as a brand, and when I pair it, the on/off settings work with both the Soundbar and the Epson Projector BUT ONLY WITH THE OLDER VOICE REMOTE.  This is odd to me, because the projector is basically just being used as a monitor and the Streambar is controlling everything, and sending the video signal via HDMI to the projector.  All HDMI and CEC settings on the Epson Home Cinema are correct and the same as they were when it worked perfectly with the older voice remote and the Smart Soundbar.

Does this mean the Voice Remote Pro is not compatible with Epson Cinema Products?  Will there be an update to fix this? Is there an alternate brand code I can use to pair with the Epson?  Is there a workaround available so I can use the Voice Remote Pro? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Details of system:

ROKU Device Model : 9101X - Roku Smart Soundbar

Serial Number: YL006T994230

Software Version: 10.0.0 build 4209-95

Device ID: R65096994230

Remote Model: Voice Remote Pro RC541

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Voice Pro On / Off not working with Epson Home Cinema 2100 and Smart Soundbar

It was reported in this thread that Hisense may work.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Citysound415
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Voice Pro On / Off not working with Epson Home Cinema 2100 and Smart Soundbar

I'll try Hisense as brand and report back. It seems other Epson owners are having similar problems with the remote pairing.

0 Kudos
ayh
Reel Rookie

Re: Epson codes for “control you TV power and volume”

Anyone had luck with any TV brands to try for a BENQ projector (MW632ST)? The BENQ TV codes don't work and I'm hoping another brand has a code that will work.

0 Kudos
JimActual

Re: Epson codes for “control you TV power and volume”

This worked for me too, thanks!

0 Kudos
Nexusjosh
Reel Rookie

Seems like this thread is a bit dead, but I have a Epson Powerlite X12 I rediscovered in storage, and would like to control it with the Roku controller, as I lost the original controller years ago.

Has there been any movement in controlling Epson projectors once more?  I hope they will begin supporting Epson again.  I don't really understand why Roku would drop Epson?  They're just IR codes... so... Why?

0 Kudos
mmsumulong
Binge Watcher

As mentioned in my earlier post, you can try selecting Hisense as your TV brand. Do note that this works for my LS500 projector. It may work on your projector too. Also try enabling one touch control for volume and power off controls. The IR is needed to power up the projector. Other than that HDMI-CEC is better since it can also control your receiver or soundbar too.

0 Kudos
Nexusjosh
Reel Rookie

None of that worked.  I've been using Roku for a while, and had an older roku controller (Remote Model: RC-AL2).  I Paired it with the Soundbar, and it still supports Epson, and the Projector powers up and down with the controller perfectly.

Why the heck did Roku drop Epson support.  And it DOES have to do with the controllers themselves?  What the heck.

0 Kudos

To pair the Roku remote to my Epson LS800, I used CEC Setup (not IR), and selected Hisense as the brand.

0 Kudos