Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HotelM

Epson codes for “control you TV power and volume”

Streaming stick+ with Epson EF100 projector. Pairs perfectly with Epson code, consolidate Epson power and volume with roku. 

then we buy 45 more units (hotel application). 

Now Epson codes are gone. V9.4.0 build 4210-50 on every unit. Remote models seem to vary RC490 worked. While 399 doesn’t. 

how could two exact same builds have different tv pair options? Or what could we be doing wrong ??

18 REPLIES 18
ottoburgess
Channel Surfer

Re: Epson codes for “control you TV power and volume”

Not sure where this is at, but I am a victim too. I have purchased an Epson ls500 ust projector and wanted to use roku advanced remote to control power and volume. Going through set up for a device, it just clocks and does not even see the Epson, and never gets to the code testing part.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Those with epson projectors help yourself out here and in the future, get universal remote that takes codes, has a codesearch feature, and can blink back the code to identify it after codesearch. Then take that code and wrote down every brand in the code list for that universal that works with that code. Now try those brands in the roku remote, and any future oem remote you might run into. You're the only ones who can do this since you have epson to test on. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jonbonjovial
Channel Surfer

How do you get to the options to try other remote codes for a non listed tv than whatever it brings up?  I've been askng tech support for this info for two weeks, but no one is home.  Just getting stock replie like change your batteries, repair, and update software.  Thanks!!!!

0 Kudos
mmsumulong
Binge Watcher

It defeats the purpose using the included remote. Also OP mentioned Epson used to be supported.

0 Kudos
mmsumulong
Binge Watcher

@ottoburgess wrote:

Not sure where this is at, but I am a victim too. I have purchased an Epson ls500 ust projector and wanted to use roku advanced remote to control power and volume. Going through set up for a device, it just clocks and does not even see the Epson, and never gets to the code testing part.

I have an Epson LS500 too. First is that the Roku no longer has IR support Epson meaning programming the power button will no longer work. But a workaround is to enable One Touch Play (actually CEC) in the Roku. with that setup any button you press any button save the power (as it works via IR) on button will turn on the projector as well as my Samsung soundbar. In order to turn off both the TV and the soundbar, use the power off command in the Roku menu options. Lastly, this may or may not apply to you. Somehow the Roku powers up my TV and this I suspect is when my Roku Ultra makes an update check. In order to workaround this, disable power on on the hdmi link option in the projector. (Some say turning off One Touch Play on the Roku will do the trick but I haven't tried it yet.) And since I keep the all my remotes in a remote caddy beside my projector when not in use, I either press the on button of the remote or power button on the projector itself before grabbing the Roku remote so it's not a real big deal for me. Still I am waiting for Roku to bring back IR for Epson projectors.

0 Kudos
mmsumulong
Binge Watcher

I just discovered this by accident. Selecting Hisense as your TV works on my Epson LS-500. Other brands may possibly work too.

ottoburgess
Channel Surfer

how do i select hisense as my tv

do you mean on the roku?

frustrating roku does not support epson projector codes, spend $4k on a projector and cannot use roku, my fav streaming device

0 Kudos
mmsumulong
Binge Watcher

Yes. Program the Roku remote and select Hisense. It powers on/off my LS500 and also my Samsung HW-N850 plus the volume too. Just make sure in the Epson settings menu, HDMI link is on and set to bidirectional.

0 Kudos
mmsumulong
Binge Watcher

I also disabled One touch play on my Ultra so that the power button is the only one that can power on my Epson projector.

0 Kudos