Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silcott
Level 8

Enhanced voice remote

Jump to solution

I currently own a ROKU Ultra 4660. I broke the remote. I noticed that on ROKU's website it says the Enhanced Voice Remote is compatible with the Roku Ultra (model 4670). My question is , Will it work with my Roku Ultra (model 4660)?  If so, Can the #1 or 2 buttons be programmed to go to Youtube TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Enhanced voice remote

Jump to solution

Yes it will work fine with your Ultra model. And yes you can program the 1 and 2 buttons for 'launch you tube tv' voice command, once programmed it will announce it is changing to YTTV and there will be 5 count countdown and then will change. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

Yes it will work fine with your Ultra model. And yes you can program the 1 and 2 buttons for 'launch you tube tv' voice command, once programmed it will announce it is changing to YTTV and there will be 5 count countdown and then will change. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

So the remote you broke had the voice but not the programmable buttons. Correct?

But it did have  A and B buttons that were programmable.

I dont see why not.

ask this guy @Tivoburkee 

EDIT: Never mind he's here^^^^^

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

The A & B key were never programmable, they just worked with certain roku games. By turning the remote sideways it became gaming controller. 

Edmund
boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

But the new one will work? That's interesting.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

I used the new ultra remote on the Premiere plus 3921 and programmed the 1 & 2 keys. And on my TCL 43" Roku tv and programmed the 1 & 2 keys. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

Sounds like the Enhanced Remote is something people should upgrade to.

0 Kudos
Silcott
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks!