Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Enhanced voice remote tv control

Jump to solution

I successfully paired a new enhanced voice remote to a Roku Ultra 4640X and then setup the remote for TV control, but as far as TV control the remote will only power the TV on and off. It is not controlling the volume or muting the TV. When you press the volume or mute buttons, nothing happens. Please help, thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Enhanced voice remote tv control

Jump to solution

Figured it out. The music that plays while you have the remote pointed at the TV replays over and over after about 30 seconds. There is a pause between when the music ends and when it starts replaying, which I thought was a yes to the question of “Did the music stop playing?”...because it did for about a second. After attempting to set up the remote for TV control again, and after pointing the remote at the TV for about 7 minutes and listening to that music replay about 15 times, I finally clicked No to the “Did the music stop playing?” question and then it flashed the message that it was trying some universal/region code and then all of the sudden the volume and mute buttons started working. I love Roku, but that was all a very odd process.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Do it again, skip the first positive result by saying NO, go on to other codes try them out. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Figured it out. The music that plays while you have the remote pointed at the TV replays over and over after about 30 seconds. There is a pause between when the music ends and when it starts replaying, which I thought was a yes to the question of “Did the music stop playing?”...because it did for about a second. After attempting to set up the remote for TV control again, and after pointing the remote at the TV for about 7 minutes and listening to that music replay about 15 times, I finally clicked No to the “Did the music stop playing?” question and then it flashed the message that it was trying some universal/region code and then all of the sudden the volume and mute buttons started working. I love Roku, but that was all a very odd process.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Its now probably controlling the tv by hdmi-cec, the volume commands are picked by the roku instead of the tv, and roku now sends hdmi-cec signal over the hdmi to the tv plugged in to. All brands of tv respond to the same commands sent over the hdmi. So if you unplugging the roku from the tv the volume commands wouldn't work any longer. If it was actually sending the IR commands to the tv, unplugging it would still control the tv. 

Edmund
0 Kudos