Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpowers001
Level 8

Enhanced voice remote compatible with Streaming Stick + (3810X)?

Jump to solution

Searched all over the place in this forum, nothing specific about this particular combination. Would prefer the Enhanced Voice Remote to the basic voice remote (which I already know is compatible) primarily for the headphone option.

FWIW the Roku accessory website does not list the Streaming Stick + as a model that the Enhanced Voice Remote works with but I didn't want to rely solely on that as that could be an oversight or error.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Enhanced voice remote compatible with Streaming Stick + (3810X)?

Jump to solution

Yes it will work on the stick+, headphone jack and all. They now sell Best buy exclusive Stick+ that comes with Headphone jack remote, model number is 3811x. It doesn't have the programmable 1 & 2 keys for holding voice search, so the remote incliuded with best buy roku is RC-AL8. Where the Enhanced voice remote carries the RC-AL9. And 1 & 2 keys are programmable using your 3810. Yes I have tried myself. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Yes it will work on the stick+, headphone jack and all. They now sell Best buy exclusive Stick+ that comes with Headphone jack remote, model number is 3811x. It doesn't have the programmable 1 & 2 keys for holding voice search, so the remote incliuded with best buy roku is RC-AL8. Where the Enhanced voice remote carries the RC-AL9. And 1 & 2 keys are programmable using your 3810. Yes I have tried myself. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

bpowers001
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is soooooooo helpful, thank you very much!

One question though - when purchasing through Roku (seemingly the only option for the enhanced voice remote), the model number is RC-496. Is that the same as the RC-AL9?

Bill

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Yes, the RC496 is what shows up in the menu, where the model number in the battery compartment has the RC-AL9. The menu model number have changed with the different app keys, the first was RC411 it had the Espn+ key, when they added the disney+ key it it had RC463, the new RC496 just changes the color of the Hulu app to dark green and Sling tv to blue background color instead of white. Nothing else. Forever there was different model numbers on the remote then what appears in the menu. 

Edmund

0 Kudos