Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
easycraig
Level 7

Re: Enhanced remote won't control volume on optical-connected soundbar

I am having the same problem....    my old system that worked perfect:   Samsung tv, roku streaming stick with a Roku rc150 remote, sonos playbar optical hookup.     New system:  TCL series 6 tv, built in roku, Roku rc350 remote, sonos with optical hookup.      Cannot get the volume to work with new remote to soundbar  ( sound works fine through tv)      There are no hdmi ports on the soundbar so that is not an option.   

I programmed the old rc150 remote to the new tv, but it still does not work the volume controls.   Even tried sticking the streaming stick in to the back of the new tv and using the old remote....  no luck? 

What is the solution??     Buy some sort of universal remote ?   if so, any suggestions?  thank you, Craig 

0 Kudos
easycraig
Level 7

Plugged in the old roku streaming stick and remote into the new tcl series 6 tv....      was able to get it to work the volume with my sonos playbar, but the old remote will not turn on the new tv!!!  lol...    to quote the Knack.....   Frustrated, she's getting to me, frustrated do what you do to me....   lol 

0 Kudos
DynamiteDen
Level 7

My Roku Ultra enhanced remote comes wit both WIFi and IR communications. My Roku Ultra box is direct connected to a Sharp TV via HDMI. My TV is direct connected to a ZVOX soundbar via optical cable. I believe the remote sends WiFi signals to the Roku box for channel/app selection etc., and it relays these signals using HDMI to the TV. I believe the TV on/off and volume signals on the remote are sent direct to the TV via IR. I'm not sure if this is correct but somehow it all miraculously works. All I use is the Roku remote which really makes it easy. Wish I knew more about it but wanted to share my experiences in case it might help someone. 
0 Kudos