Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced remote won't control volume on optical-connected soundbar

i have a harmon kardon optic soundbar and was told it wouldn't work with roku but they were wrong. I programmed my sound bar manually and it works

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Wouldn't happen to know the code for Disney +?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

It was posted in subsequent posts to first, its 00139. 

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

They say it can't but I was controlling my Vizio soundbar for over a year with my Roku remote, power and volume.  I just got a new Samsung bar and I'm trying to figure it out.  I never set it up, it just worked.

Vizio bar was setup with optical cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Roku remote only controls tv's directly, its the tv that control the soundbar via hdmi-cec. Refresh the cec devices in the menu of your tv. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku may not have a function program the remote to the sound bar, but the sound bar should have an option to program to the remote. I have successfully programmed my Roku remote to adjust the volume on my JBL Cinema 250 sound bar easily with the directions from my sound bar manual.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Vizio soundbars have an setting that lets you control them with a Vizio TV remote. If that's enabled, you can use a Roku remote just fine. That's how our secondary TV/Roku/soundbase system is set up. Works flawlessly. But getting my LG Magic remote and Roku remote to all control my Sonos is looking impossible.

0 Kudos