Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wills2720
Level 9

Re: Enhanced remote no longer adjusts headphones volume as it should (and used to)

Jump to solution

There is another thread about the 9.2.0 update causing other problems.  It would be nice if we could opt out and roll back the update to a working rev.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Zimbabwe
Level 7

Re: Enhanced remote no longer adjusts headphones volume as it should (and used to)

Jump to solution

I discovered this same problem this morning on my Roku 2. I attempted to reset the device to factory conditions hoping it would install the original sw.  instead it downloaded the latest sw and I still have the issue.  This Roku is now useless to me as I can only use it with headphones in the environment that it’s in.  It’s a shame.  I’ve been a loyal Roku customer since it’s original release 10 or so years ago buying multiple versions over the years and highly recommending them to others.  If this was a deliberate change I would be very disappointed and consider a new platform.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wills2720
Level 9

Jump to solution

I had plans to upgrade to an Ultra over Christmas and purchase Rokus as gifts, but decided against it since  it appears there is no guarantee private listening won't be disabled on other Roku models in the future.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the comments here. We've reported this issue to our team and they are investigating.

To clarify, this feature was not intentionally disabled or removed—it appears to be a potential bug in the last release. We don't have an ETA on a fix at the moment, however, compatible device models can use mobile private listening via the Roku mobile app. This will provide the same functionality using your mobile device, as an alternative. You can check out how to use this feature here: https://support.roku.com/article/217478308-how-do-i-use-headphones-on-my-mobile-device-for-private-l...

I'll be sure to share any updates that I hear to keep everyone informed. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
DougJ
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD

I wish you were correct, but you are incorrect. The mobile device remote listening feature is not an option for me.

My device is apparently not compatible with it — neither in my real life attempt to use the feature nor according to Roku's own website list of compatible Roku devices. Whenever I would connect the Roku app on my mobile device to my Roku device, the remote listening feature was never available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Zimbabwe
Level 7

Jump to solution

Correct Doug. My Roku2 is also not compatible with the Roku app.  My Roku stick that I use on a different TV however works fine with the app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wills2720
Level 9

Re: Enhanced remote no longer adjusts headphone volume as it should — volume stuck between 26 &

Jump to solution

On my 2720x the volume goes to 25 when I plug in the headphones.  Pressing volume up causes the volume to only go to 26 and volume down causes the volume to only go to 24 regardless of how many times the buttons are pushed.

A subsequent 11/19 firmware update seems to have disabled private listening audio completely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mellie422
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had to re-pair the remote then use the app on my phone. I don't touch the remote anymore. This worked for me. Good Luck!Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DougJ
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Mellie422 

What specific Roku device do you have?

0 Kudos