Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deborah1
Reel Rookie

Re: Enhanced remote green light flashes constantly and can’t pair it to my streaming stick +

Successful and thank you. Glad I didn’t throw remote away or buy a new.  App also works perfectly 

0 Kudos
mauitodd

Re: Enhanced remote green light flashes constantly and can’t pair it to my streaming stick +

Hi Deborah... which solution worked for you?

0 Kudos
deborah1
Reel Rookie

Roku app on IPhone and recognized pairing. No problem since and pairing must have caused me problems. The Roku app was the only fix for me. 

0 Kudos
Hemoglobin
Channel Surfer

Taking the batteries out works.  I first tried reinstalling in 30 seconds and then a few hours and it didn't work.  Then I just left them out overnight and reinstalled the next day (~10 hours) which worked.

My guess is that the remote had its firmware updated (hence the flashing green light vs no light that would mean the firmware crashed) and to fully install the update, the remote needed to be cold-booted. The overnight thing could be a large capacitor that keeps the remote running so as to save the batteries. You want the remote to be always on so it responds as soon as you pick it up and press a button, hence the capacitor.  The only way to do a cold-boot on the remote is to completely power down its circuitry by leaving the batteries out for an extended period of time.  The amount of time that worked for me was about 10 hours.

I had also previously rebooted (system restart under settings) the Roku unit itself, and performed a cold-boot (unplugging for 30+ seconds) so there is no real way of telling if this played into the working formula.  Perhaps someone else can just do the cold-boot on the remote (taking the batts out overnight) to ascertain the problem is localized to the remote itself.

0 Kudos
amadams120
Reel Rookie

My remote keeps flashing green light. I’ve replaced the batteries, I unplugged my tv for 30 seconds then put he batteries back in h th e remote and held down the button for five seconds and nothing is happening. The remote keeps blinking and not syncing to my roku which is not a streaming stick. 

0 Kudos
Hemoglobin
Channel Surfer

Try leaving batteries out overnight; it is the equivalent of a hard reset. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@amadams120

Thanks for the post.

What Roku device are you trying to pair your remote to? Is it the same remote that came with the Roku device that you are trying pair it with?

For further remote troubleshooting steps, visit our Support page here: Fix your remote

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
amadams120
Reel Rookie

Yes it is the same remote I got my roku box with! I thought all I needed to do was replace the battery and even still trying to reset it and new batteries, the remote is not syncing. It’s a roku express + I got in Nov 2020

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@amadams120

Thanks for the follow up.

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dmsenra

I realize this is an old post but after a lot of frustration and headache, I figured out that the issue won’t be resolved by changing batteries, resetting devices or any other step on this or any other page. The issue is THE WIRELESS RECEIVER POWER CORD. There are no 3rd party cords I can find, but for $20 you can replace it and your headaches will melt away. It’s annoying but cheaper than buying a new device. 

0 Kudos