Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tatogonne
Reel Rookie

Enhanced remote green light flashes constantly and can’t pair it to my streaming stick +

I have a streaming stick+, and my remote green light keeps flashing every time i press any button, i took off the batteries and even rebooted the control, but it doesnt help. I tried restarting the streaming stick, and it asks me to sync my remote, but i can’t do it!! Please someone help me. 

29 REPLIES 29
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Enhanced remote green light flashes constantly and can’t pair it to my streaming stick +

Did you follow this procedure when you tried to re-pair your remote to the Roku?

1) Remove power from the Roku for a few seconds then plug back in. This will make the Roku receptive to the pairing request from the remote.

2) Open the remote's battery compartment and bring remote near the Roku . Trying from across the room may not be good enough.

3) When Roku has booted back up from step 1), press and hold pairing button in remote battery compartment for 3 seconds or more - a quick push won't do it.

4) LED in battery compartment should start flashing and continue to blink until the pairing is complete.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Tatogonne
Reel Rookie

Re: Enhanced remote green light flashes constantly and can’t pair it to my streaming stick +

I’ve tried that already, and the thing is that as soon as i put the batteries in the remote, the green light begins to flash, and it does not pair with my streaming stick. The thing is that i dont know what the green light flashing constantly means. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I believe the flashing light means it is trying to pair.

When I first tried to pair mine again following a factory reset I had the same thing - pressed the pairing button but it just continued to flash. I then found instructions somewhere on the 'net that told me I had to power the Roku down and back up to enable it to react the the remote's pair request. Soon as I did that, it paired without me having to pairing button on the remote.
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
zarkov3
Reel Rookie

I have tried all the suggestions including working the settings via the app on my smart phone. The green flashing light goes out for a minute or so and then comes back on. Since the Roku3 works using the smart phone app as the remote, I know it is the remote that is the problem and not the Roku box itself. New remote costs almost as much as a new box so not worth the purchase.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Those whose roku's can accept IR remote should switch a cheap IR universal remote, then you'll have working roku with an actual remote instead of cellphone. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Bdh9bdh9

Was there ever a resolution to this? I’m having the same issue. I cannot connect to my phone though because I reset my streaming stick thinking that would help now it’s stuck on the language screen !

Tatogonne
Reel Rookie

Hi, I could not solve the problem, I think I’ll buy a new remote since the tips given weren’t helpful. If you get to solve the issue please tell me!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing issues connecting your remote to your Roku Streaming Stick device, we would recommend checking out the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Happened to me today. I did not read one suggestion anywhere that fixed the problem. So I problem solved on my own. This worked. I downloaded the roku remote app on my phone. Went into settings on the roku. Then to remotes. Then asked to set up a new remote. Hit "pair " on roku, pressed the button on the remote next to the flashing light. It works now!!!  Hope this helps someone.