Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Enhanced remote and IR remote Do not work with my Roku Ultra

I attempted to use my Roku Ultra (4660, 4661, 4662 series) # today but was unable to get a response when using my enhanced remote. I attempted to change batteries and pair to no avail. The pairing light illuminated on my remote with no indication on my TV. I then ran through recommended troubleshooting steps including powering off and re-pairing, but that didn’t work either. I even tried an IR remote, which as advertised, works on all Roku devices. The IR remote didn’t control the Roku, but oddly enough, it was able to turn my TV on and off. Has anyone had a similar gripe? Has my Roku just lost the ability to receive signals from remotes?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Enhanced remote and IR remote Do not work with my Roku Ultra

First, there is no such remote as a Roku IR console remote with a power button, only Roku tv IR remotes have power buttons and volume keys. And Roku Tv remote will not control a Roku console like the Ultra. So you roku will respond to an IR remote just the right one. Get a cheap universal remote from target or the dollar store that lists Roku as  brand. 

As for a Wifi remote, you can get the Voice remote at walmart & best buy, it won't have a headphone jack though. Its $19.88 at walmart and $29.99 at BB. 

Edmund
0 Kudos