Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
badfrogg
Level 7

Enhanced remote, Setup Remote for TV Control does not exist.

Jump to solution

The remote pairs just fine but where the instructions say to go to setting the menu option is not available (Settings > Remotes & Devices > Setup Remote for TV Control). "Setup Remote for TV Control" does not exist on that screen. I have a brand new Express+ 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Enhanced remote, Setup Remote for TV Control does not exist.

Jump to solution
@badfrogg
Once you've paired the remote, and go into the Remotes and devices section of the Settings menu, you have to select the remote you've just paired from the list, in order to see the option to setup TV power and volume control.

This should allow you to set up that functionality.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 12

Jump to solution

Once the remote is paired, go in to the remote menu, go to remote in use, click on that does give the option now?

0 Kudos
badfrogg
Level 7

Jump to solution

The reason it does not have that menu option is because what I bought was a Roku Express+ but what was in the box was a Roku Express(not +) with a Enhanced remote. So I have the volume mute and power buttons but they will not function without the "+" version.

I think someone switched out the contents of the box. 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
@badfrogg
Once you've paired the remote, and go into the Remotes and devices section of the Settings menu, you have to select the remote you've just paired from the list, in order to see the option to setup TV power and volume control.

This should allow you to set up that functionality.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos