Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncdave2
Visitor

Enhanced Remote will not operate Panasonic TV

I recently purchased a Roku Streaming Stick with enhanced remote. I set it up per the instructions. The problem I’m having is that I’m unable to get a remote code to be recognized by the TV/remote. I’ve gone through all 45 codes and the music doesn’t turn off.

So my Roku remote doesn’t turn on/off the TV or control the back button. My sound goes to a sound bar so I’m not worried about the sound controls. The pause and play controls seem to work too. Any ideas/tips/tricks on how I can get the remote to work with my Panasonic TV?
Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Enhanced Remote will not operate Panasonic TV

@ncdave 

Thanks for letting us know. What is the specific make/model of Panasonic TV that you are trying to use with your Roku device? 
ncdave2
Visitor

Tanner,
It’s a Panasonic 42” Viera 1080P Plasma HDTV Model TC-P42S1
Thanks for the response!
Dave
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@ncdave2

Have you contacted Panasonic support yet to see if they can provide the IR code that they use for that model of TV? This information would be helpful in further investigating the issue. 
0 Kudos
ncdave2
Visitor

No not yet. I’ll see what I can find out tomorrow. 
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The Panasonic power commands haven't changed in 30 years. I have found if you have line of sight to Roku you get better results during programming the remote. If you had HDMI coupler and HDMI cable you could extend the stick out from the back of the TV during programming. You can try telling it you have a Quasar tv, see if you get better results?
Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Tags (1)
ncdave2
Visitor

Tivoburkee
Thanks for the suggestions! I will try the Qusar suggestion tomorrow. And If that doesn’t work I will contact Roku for the cable to extend the stick to the front of the TV for programming. Tanks again!
0 Kudos
ncdave2
Visitor

Tanner,
I contacted Panasonic using their website. I entered my issue and was directed to another site that charged $24 for a tech to help solve your problem. I decided not to do it.
0 Kudos
Bonsler
Binge Watcher

My remote quit turning off my Panasonic TV too. The remote still turns on the TV and adjusts the volume.  I researched this problem and discovered that you can use the voice command on the remote to tell it to turn the TV off.  Works every time!

0 Kudos
NeedHelp1
Reel Rookie

@RokuTannerD Why  did you stop responding to this thread?  It was not resolved.

0 Kudos