Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeedHelp1
Reel Rookie

Re: Enhanced Remote will not operate Panasonic TV

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@NeedHelp1 Thanks for the note. 

Have you tried following the steps here to keep selecting different codes for your TV brand to see if one helps get things back on track? https://support.roku.com/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-...

This can often be required for manufacturers that use multiple IR remote codes. If that still isn't clearing up the issue, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
NeedHelp1
Reel Rookie

Thanks for checking back in on this!  I'll try your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Jd99501

Lol. Line of site. That actually fixed my issue. I have to kinda point my regular remote at the ceiling. Forgot all about it.

0 Kudos
sa4

I had similar problem operating my Panasonic TV using Roku remote to turn off power or control volume.  After a google search i followed the steps listed below and my Roku remote now is able to turn off power and control volume.

1. Press the Home button. on your Roku enhanced remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Remotes & devices and then select Remote.
  4. Select Set up remote for TV control.
  5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
0 Kudos
jbgull

In case anyone else runs across this... I also have a Panasonic plasma TV. Mine is connected to the Roku through a receiver. To finally get my remote to detect the TV and then find the correct code to operate the volume and power I had to do the following:

- Connect the Roku directly to the TV.

- Use a newer high quality HDMI cable.

- Once the Roku was connected directly via a decent HDMI cable, then reboot the Roku.

After this the normal setup process where it plays music and tries to mute the TV worked. Once the remote was programmed for the TV, I was able to reconnect through my receiver. Now through DLNA between the TV and receiver, and the Roku remote IR, I can turn everything on/off and adjust the volume of both through the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
Pazzazz
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue with my Panasonic Viera plasma TV.  Volume doesn't work on remote.  None of the suggestions I saw here worked.

0 Kudos
Pazzazz
Reel Rookie

Finally solved my problem.  I have a Denon soundbar connected to a Panasonic Viera Plasma TV.  I unplugged my soundbar from the power and HDMI cable.  Went to set up the Roku remote.  Worked immediately!  Plugged the soundbar back and now everything's working perfectly!

ylonda

Unplugging the soundbar power and cable worked!  Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
Bigbear206

This doesn't work for me. Is there anything else that will work

0 Kudos