Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BluesBrother
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote 'volume up' button pauses playback

DBDukes,

Thanks for your suggestion (trying different codes, using the TV's original remote to "skip" previously-tried codes that proved to be incorrect). I had the same problem described in this thread: I had a Roku Enhanced Remote (for a Streaming Stick+) that I was using with a Panasonic TV. When I originally paired the remote with the Roku and the TV, it worked fine (POWER ON/OFF, VOLUME UP/DOWN). However, recently, I used the remote with another TV, and when I went to re-pair it with the Panasonic, the POWER ON, VOLUME UP/DOWN functions worked, but not POWER OFF!

I thought I had tried everything, when I came across your suggestion. I tried it and (luckily) I hit paydirt on Code 6 (better than 47, eh?). Now the control works properly again, controlling the POWER ON/OFF and VOLUME UP/DOWN functions as it should.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Fix
Level 7

I have this same issue and I know my TV is compatible with Roku.  It has worked fine for several months and all of a sudden the volume up button pauses the playback. Sometimes when the TV is on and I press the power button to turn the TV off it will also pause the playback. This is really irritating! 

0 Kudos
stefroyroy22
Level 7

Hi i had the same experience at my folks house. I realized it had happened as soon as i got the amazon tablet n downloaded the roku app.the volume was not working properly,when tried to raise the volume it paused the program,no matter what app was being used. So i deleted all roku apps from the tablet and now there hasnt been an issue since. Just thought id let everyone know a simple solution to try but if t continues i will look further into the problem.The apps are still always in the cloud to re-install. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos