I have the Enhanced Remote controlling my Roku Ultra and TV sound/power. I went through the "set up remote for TV control' process successfully and the remote will control power and volume of the TV properly about 80% of the time. The remaining 20% of the time, while the system is running YouTube TV or Plex (doesn't seem to be app-dependent) and I press the volume up button on the side of the remote, the playback will pause instead of increase the volume. Another up volume press and it starts to play again. This continues indefinitely until i press the power down button or re-seat the batteries, at which point it will work fine for another day or so until it starts acting up again.
Things I've tried:
1. replaced batteries with fresh alkaline and even tried rechargeable NiMH, no change
2. occasionally, I can resolve the issue temporarily if I press volume down, then up, then the volume up button will respond properly for about an hour until it acts up again
3. Reprogramming the remote multiple times using the 'pair remote' option to repair it. Also retried the 'set up remote for tv' multiple times
4. factory reset of my remote and Roku Ultra
5. consistently, i can resolve it by reseating the batteries, but the issue eventually reoccurs.
Here's my info:
Roku Ultra: 4640X
Software: 8.0.1 build 4090-29
Enhanced Remote: RC-AL4 printed in the battery compartment, RC135 shown in settings
Remote Firmware: v.2.01.19.062
YouTube TV: version 1.0 build 70500030
I am having the same issue. Has a fixed been made available?