Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Junglepilot
Level 7

Enhanced Remote looses pairing

I have a Roku Stick+ and the enhanced point anywhere remote looses paring at times when streaming over the Roku but more often after the Roku has been turned off. It doesn't do it every time. The Roku connection to WiFi says it is "Excellent" and the streaming seems to work fine. When the remote does not work, sometimes turning the power off and back on wakes it up and some times I have to go into settings and pair the remote again. It gets frustrating to have to pair it over and over. I have only had it since October and it worked flawlessly for the first month or so. I have a Roku Stick in the bedroom and never have this problem with the remote for it, which looks identical. Is this remote defective? The Roku Stick+ always responds immediately to the Roku App on my iPhone. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Enhanced Re,mote looses pairing

"Junglepilot" wrote:
I have a Roku Stick+ and the enhanced point anywhere remote looses paring at times when streaming over the Roku but more often after the Roku has been turned off. It doesn't do it every time. The Roku connection to WiFi says it is "Excellent" and the streaming seems to work fine. When the remote does not work, sometimes turning the power off and back on wakes it up and some times I have to go into settings and pair the remote again. It gets frustrating to have to pair it over and over. I have only had it since October and it worked flawlessly for the first month or so. I have a Roku Stick in the bedroom and never have this problem with the remote for it, which looks identical. Is this remote defective? The Roku Stick+ always responds immediately to the Roku App on my iPhone. Please help.

Guessing you're using a switched USB port on the TV to power the Roku Stick rather than the included power supply. Some TVs have switched USB ports, and others have USB ports that are always powered (even when the TV is "off"). If that's the case, then one of your Sticks isn't powered down when the TV is off.

A couple of troubleshooting tests might be to swap the Sticks. If the problem follows the Stick, that would rule that out. An alternate test would be to use the included power supply to power the Stick and see if that makes a difference.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos