Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 days!!!!!

Jump to solution

Serial Number  YH001N398089

[personal information removed]

Thanks for your help with this!

Donald

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hope this message finds you well.

I am also having the same issue and I am not using headphones but the remote batteries draining quickly.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks.

Model 3810EU

YHOOHVO41789

0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 days!!!!!

Jump to solution

I solved this problem.. Reset your box and re-pair your remote.  Problem solved. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

I solved this problem by pushing the reset on the back of the Roku, running through setup again, and pairing the remote again. Battery drain fixed. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Several remote streaming sticks...constantly replacing batteries

Jump to solution

Mine do the same thing. I saw some other posts and messaged a guy from Roku but haven’t heard back. Last set of batteries went a week. Download app on your phone and use that as a remote.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Danny. I am having the same problem. Remote is eating batteries and we're not touching it.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  I bought my Roku on October 15, 2020 and installed it a week later.  In one month I have had to put in new batteries at least once a week.  I do not use private listening and my prior Roku and remote never had this issue.  The remote control is an RC-EL1 and if I can't get this issue fixed I'll return the Streaming stick + and remote control for a refund.  The Streaming stick turns off when the tv is turned off as it is attached via the tv USB.  I'm guessing that the remote control is searching for the stick and draining the batteries or that it is defective. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Roku remotes constantly die completely

Jump to solution

I have 5 Roku streaming sticks and so far, 3 of the remotes have died completely.  Changing the batteries doesn't work and the pairing light doesn't even light up anymore.  They are just dead.  Very frustrating.  Am I the only one that this keeps happening to?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I too am having this issue not sure how to DM you on this forum? any help on how to DM you is appreciated

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@jlyell wrote:

I too am having this issue not sure how to DM you on this forum? any help on how to DM you is appreciated

You send someone a PM by clicking their name (if it's a link) or their avatar and view their profile. On their profile page you will find a button to send a private message to that user. 

Please, everyone: do NOT post your email address here in the public forum. If you have, edit the post to remove it. Click the three vertical dots to the right of your post and select Edit Reply. Bad people troll these forums for victims, and I'd really prefer no one here gets approached by scammers. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos