Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 21

Re: All Roku Remotes are draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Jeanne_r wrote:

Hi Danny,

Can you please tell me how to unsubscribe from this thread or unsubscribe for me.  I'm getting crazy amounts of email now and would love your help. 

Go to the top of the page, and at the very right edge of the title line there are three vertical dots. Click that and one of the options is unsubscribe. Also, any time you reply to a post there is a checkbox to the right of the message box you're typing in that says "Email me when someone replies". Uncheck that box and you aren't subscribed. You can disable that being auto-checked within your profile settings. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jeanne_r
Level 9

Re: All Roku Remotes are draining batteries

Jump to solution

Worked! Thank you Smiley Happy I was looking a bit too low and had seen the 3 dots but just in the wrong section.

Have a great holiday week

0 Kudos
JATV
Level 7

Re: Streaming Stick+ Remote batteries life

Jump to solution

Yes same here now it has to be tapped against hand for it to work after batteries.

0 Kudos
JATV
Level 7

Re: Streaming Stick intermittently working

Jump to solution

Beside battery life short. My remote is intermittently not working have to pat/tap it to get it to function. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Dcepla
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi. 
my remote is burning through the batteries in three weeks. 
I’m not private listening. 
 what help can you offer me please?

Debbie 

0 Kudos
Marc86
Level 7

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 weeks

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Marc86
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do I send you a PM with my information RokuDanny-R? I have the same battery draining issue that just started with my express+ remote SN:X00400JMDTET. Drains batteries in a day and a half. See other posts where the remote was replaced. Let me know

0 Kudos
RCaugh
Level 8

Jump to solution

I solved this problem by pushing the reset on the back of the Roku, running through setup again, and pairing the remote again. Battery drain fixed. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Marc86 wrote:

How do I send you a PM with my information RokuDanny-R? I have the same battery draining issue that just started with my express+ remote SN:X00400JMDTET. Drains batteries in a day and a half. See other posts where the remote was replaced. Let me know

Click on his name where it's a link. That takes you to his personal profile, and there's a Private Message button located there. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Level 9

Jump to solution

@RCaugh wrote:

I solved this problem by pushing the reset on the back of the Roku, running through setup again, and pairing the remote again. Battery drain fixed. 

Now this is interesting.  Gonna try it on 3 remotes.   One thing I tried that seems to have made a little difference is to use the power brick to power the Roku Stick vs the short USB cable you connect to a USB source on the TV itself.

0 Kudos