Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra remote batteries drain on a daily basis

@Taylordebj 

Thanks for the note.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Having the same issue here.  It’s always seemed to drain the batteries quickly, but I’ve now replaced the batteries for the third time in three days.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Pfitzp 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

remote not working

my ROKU sn CU383ES72743 REMOTE SKU 3226000294
STARTED HAVING TO REPLACE the batteries every 2-3 days, Tried switching wireless channels on my device from 5g to 2 g. Nothing worked. Now the device is not working with new batteries or even my phone app. Any Suggestions or help would be welcomed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote not working

@GeneD 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku Ultra’s remote drains batteries in 2 weeks, it lasts longer if I flip it over and let it rest on it keys and then I can let the batteries last maybe 3 weeks -but even that seems ridiculous 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Nataliam 

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with the information that I have requested.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Remote Draining Batteries

My Roku remote needs replacement batteries approximately every two weeks. The batteries are not defective. Brand new. It’s costing me a fortune in new batteries. Only happens on one of my Roku remotes. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku Remote Draining Batteries

Need more details. What model Roku? Does your remote have a headphone jack, and if so do you use it? If the answer is yes, then are you leaving the headphones/buds plugged in full time? That will drain the batteries rapidly, as that leaves the audio amp in the remote powered full time. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Draining Batteries

It’s Roku Premiere+. No headphone jack that I can see, nor have I ever used headphones for the device. 

0 Kudos