Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

How about just posting a solution so we don't have to "PM" you with private information.  I have 5 enhanced remotes and one with headphone capabilities. Each one eats batteries like an elephant eats peanuts.  Again Roku, hire some high school programmers to write some basic programs to fix this issue.  Your answers here are standard technology cop-outs for "we don't have a fix".

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Danny

I‘m also having issues with my remote batteries. I only use the remote to control the TV and only use the TV a few times a month.  It instantly eats up batteries.  Can I just get a replacement plz.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

My remote is also eating batteries! I'm just turning TV on and selecting channel, that's it. Watch for a couple of hours, turn TV off. Come back a week later with no activity in between and batteries are dead!! Have two other Roku's and no issues.

[personal information removed]

YH0093769873

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I've posted a similar post several times FMij.  I'm with you on what Roku's response should be.  I believe another user posted the reason for their "secretive" response to this problem.  If they publish that there is a problem with these remotes, they will be forced to replace many more of them.  Much less costly for them to keep it "hushed" and just address those users that are vocal enough to push them about the problem (the squeaky wheels).

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote Eats Batteries

Jump to solution

@jimmyduke @EddieVee 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

@rharlow 

Thanks for the information.

For future reference, please send me a PM when providing personal information. We highly recommend not posting personal information in a public place.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

By the way, I did send him a PM and never heard a peep back from him or anyone else to solve the problem.  Has anyone else heard from them or gotten any resolution? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@mrusse wrote:

By the way, I did send him a PM and never heard a peep back from him or anyone else to solve the problem.  Has anyone else heard from them or gotten any resolution? 

Yes, others have reported receiving a new remote and the problem was resolved. Not making excuses for them, but it's possible it was overlooked. Send him a reminder. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I as well never received a response to my remote question. I think if you scroll through all the complaints made and read replies you will see that most say they never received a final response to there question. 

I have switched to using my phone app most of the time. The phone app is very good but then I cannot turn ony tv with one remote or work volume. Also considering other options for my future purchases. 😊

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@mrusse @Mbauderjr 

Thanks for the post.

I've reviewed my PMs and I didn't see a PM from either of you.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos