Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

My Roku remote keeps draining batteries as well.  I have changed the batteries 3 times just this week. Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Give us an option in the settings to turn off the low battery warning that pops up in the top right corner of the screen. It keeps telling me my batteries are dead but they are working fine, this notification should be optional and not forced. I am tired of being pestered with a pop up telling me my batteries are no good every time I press a button while the remote is working fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Emissary35, you know what is so ironic about that stupid alert? Obviously, the Roku is somehow "asking" or "checking" the remote to find out the battery level so it can tell you. Which means the very alert that tells you that the battery is low, is one of the biggest CAUSES FOR the battery TO BE LOW in the first place and drains on the battery. Hilarious. 

ROKU may not believe it but I am actually smart enough to tell when the battery in any device is low. I've been using remotes for 4 decades and was always smart enough to know. You know how I figured it out? The remote quit working. It is actually a pretty simple system. Why they feel the need to monitor that is totally lost on me. Junk.

Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

"Hey Emissary35, you know what is so ironic about that stupid alert? Obviously, the Roku is somehow "asking" or "checking" the remote to find out the battery level so it can tell you. Which means the very alert that tells you that the battery is low, is one of the biggest CAUSES FOR the battery TO BE LOW in the first place and drains on the battery. Hilarious.

ROKU may not believe it but I am actually smart enough to tell when the battery in any device is low. I've been using remotes for 4 decades and was always smart enough to know. You know how I figured it out? The remote quit working. It is actually a pretty simple system. Why they feel the need to monitor that is totally lost on me. Junk."

Well put! I've been using remotes for TV's, stereos, DVD players, VCR's etc for a very long time. I never needed any low battery indicator to tell me it's time to change the batteries. You know when they are no good when you press buttons and nothing happens!

Roku's low battery warning is a total joke! It spams you continually once your battery is about 25% remaining and that can take a long time to finally run out. I've been dealing with the stupid low battery warning for several weeks now and NOT ONCE have I pressed a button and the Roku failed to respond. So my batteries are just fine but Roku is trying to force me to throw them out before they expire. It's ridiculous and annoying and there needs to be a way to shut off the warning. I will change my batteries when I am good and ready, I don't need Roku to hold my hand and tell me to do it, especially when they have a lot of life left in them!

"

Highlighted
Level 7

Remote eats batteries

Jump to solution

I have 2 rokus, one works great! The other I have to change the batteries in the remote every week. I am not using private listening. Help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Push_P @Azanch @Mvandyke222 

Thanks for the post.

As my previous posts state, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Just put in another pair of lithiums within a week. Some help with this would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R 

i still havent received my device back

over 8 weeks i have been waiting with no TV at all

can you just get somebody to send me a new one out as it has clearly been lost

please esculate this to somebody who can resolve this ASAP

so far i have been promised on several occasions i would receive my device back and its all been lies

customer service has been beyond POOR!!!

i look forward to a prompt response

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Kielt 

Thanks for the the follow up. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will reach out to assist you further.

If you are not contacted within 1-3 business days, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll make sure you are contacted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Yukoner 

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous posts, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos