Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

I too am having the same issue. 2 Roku units (stick +).  remote for each burns through in under a week!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Exactly ... about ready to switch everything over to a firestick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@PM2 @VampLvr71 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are having issues with your remote battery draining, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just bought my parents both these remotes and they don't last 2 days without saying they need new batteries. My dad has gone through 6 sets of batteries in 2 weeks. This is ridiculous. My mom has only used her remote 3 times and has had to replace the batteries 2 times. This is a major flaw in these remotes as I have 3 at home with no problems at all with mine but they all came with devices. I bought these 2 remotes from Roku individually. I purposely did not buy from amazon or ebay just to make sure I had good remotes (not reburbished) and I swear they are horrible. My dad doesn't even want to use his roku anymore, he hooked his cable back up. Sigh...... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Stacey9 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

remote batteries drain every 2 to 3 days

We have Roku Ultra model 4640X. The remote batteries drain every 2 to 3 days. Please help what to do

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Remotes batteries die in 2 weeks

I have 2 Roku units and both of the remotes have battery issues.   I am replacing batteries every 2 weeks in both remotes, this is a flaw in the remote and Roku should post a fix on their site.   I have an AV receiver and a comcast HD box, their remotes last over a year!    Come on Roku...address this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote batteries drain every 2 to 3 days

@LKing @Hoops 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote draining batteries

My remote control is draining batteries within hours of putting in brand new ones. The streaming stick was purchased new in December 2019.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote draining batteries

@Clonabaugh 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos