Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

I received my Roku Ultra for xmas this year and I replace the batteries once every  10 - 14 days. The TV I have this attached to is only used 2 hours or less a day. 

Remote is Modal RC-AL4

Roku Ultra is CK396D293525 Model 4660X2

Batteries Duracell Alkaline with March 2029 date on them.

Firmware version 2.01.19.108

Model RC345

Software Version 9.2.0 Build 4807

Why does this remote go thru batteries so fast. I have another Roku Ultra on another tv in the home and it's batteries don't have this issue, as I am using the same Duracell Alkaline batteries in this one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

@bigsdon 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra remote batteries drain on a daily basis

Bought Roku Ultra in November 2019. I have had to replace the batteries in my remote every time I try to use it. I do not use the headphones or voice activation at all. Why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku Ultra remote batteries drain on a daily basis

Which brand of Flunky batterys are you using?

There has been mention of this problem before.

I haven't experienced it.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

@PRKantzler wrote:

Bought Roku Ultra in November 2019. I have had to replace the batteries in my remote every time I try to use it. I do not use the headphones or voice activation at all. Why?

The batteries in our remotes (we have 4 Rokus) all last for months. You shouldn't need to change them as you are. Either, the batteries are old, defective, or not inserted correctly, OR... there's an issue with that remote and you should contact Roku to get it replaced.

Chief Technology Officer, Barge Captain/mechanic/deckhand/dock hand, Cook, Lawn care and vehicle maintenance.
Yep.... I'm retired. :D
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue. The batteries don't last more than 2 days. I am using Duracell and I have tried Energizer Ultra, no "no name" brands. I hate using my phone for the remote but thats what I have been doing. I want to get another Roku for a different tv but I am afraid of the same thing happening. Why give a remote that you can't use?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@PRKantzler @Irvol 

Thanks for the inquiry regarding your remote draining batteries.

I'd be happy to assist you with this issue. Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue. Top of the line batteries being drained, also, my remote NEVER stays paired. The pairing doesnt work half the time, and then I have to remove the batteries. Works for 5-8 button pushes, then have to do it all over again... infuriated!!

Using a 4 year old roku stick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

The  only remedy is to replace the remote, if your roku is 4 year old stick  its 3500 stick, and replacement remotes are no longer made, sorry. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well **bleep**!! Lol! Ok... time to buy a new Roku

0 Kudos