Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Remotes draining batteries issue -- Thoughts

Jump to solution

@LAS1957 wrote:

I bought the Roku SteamingStick+ in November 2020. It burns through AAA batteries in about one week! I have the streaming stick plugged into the USB port on my bedroom TV. I also own an older StreamingStick+ that is plugged directly into the electrical outlet on my wall. It's in my living room. It has never burned through batteries like the new one does, and I've had it for about 3 years.  Do you think the problem lies with how the StreamingStick+ is getting it's power supply ???

I wouldn't expect the power source to be an issue, but with electronics anything's possible. It's generally not recommended to run the Stick from a TV USB port anyway because many of them don't provide enough power to run it properly. The USB 2.0 standard is only 500 mA, and not every set actually meets that level. I always suggest sticking with the provided wall adapter. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Ekutsner @Isernhagen12 

Thanks for the posts and information.

For future reference (as I instructed previously) when providing personal information, please send that information in a private message (PM). We highly recommend not posting personal information in a public place.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remotes draining batteries issue -- Thoughts

Jump to solution

@LAS1957 @TerryM1 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a private message (PM), visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Due to the length of this thread, we will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos