Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote for Express+ drains batteries unusually fast

Jump to solution

My Roku Express+ is about 10 months old. Recently, the remote control seems to be draining a pair of AAA batteries per day. Is there a reason this is happening, and can it be fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote Draining Batteries

Jump to solution

@Gabriele1988 

Thanks for the posts.

I have received your PM and will continue to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote for Express+ drains batteries unusually fast

Jump to solution

@Chet_Gordon 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 weeks

Jump to solution

HI,

I'm having the same issue with my Roku remote control. The [personal information removed] serial number is YH00D5330231.

Please help!

Thanks

Jack

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hello, my roku remote is doing the same thing. Did you figure out how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@lajiyoujianxian 

Thanks for the post.

For future reference, when send personal information, please provide that information in a private message (PM). We highly recommending not posting personal information in a public place.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Enhanced remote batteries drains way too fast!!

Jump to solution

We purchased a replacement enhanced remote from the Roku site. Same issues as original. We do not leave headphones plugged in and turn off Roku when not in use. Is it a manufacture default? It makes us wish we didn’t have the enhanced, but we enjoy the features. Please help! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

How do I direct message Danny. My remote devours batteries. It doesn’t not have the headphone option

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@NancyAP wrote:

How do I direct message Danny. My remote devours batteries. It doesn’t not have the headphone option

Click his name, and select View Profile if it doesn't go there automatically. On the profile page is a button to send a private message. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

We have been fighting this issue for months. We do not have headphones for this remote. Changing batteries every 3 days. I need a solution now.

0 Kudos