Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Purple...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Emissary35 

Thank you! Don't know how I missed that giant purple button.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

I have one upstairs and one downstairs and go through batteries like crazy and we have never even used the headphones. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

@DRob784 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

What is the email address to address this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku remote drains batteries

Jump to solution

My roku stick with RC128 remote will fully drain the new batteries in less than 5 days. Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you use the small JBL earbuds that come with some of the Roku - those will get you the longest battery life.  The power required to move those little drivers (speakers) is much less than if you use larger phones (especially over-the-ear larger ones). 

I resorted to rechargeables because my remote was essentially eating the batteries.  I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@PickleFace 

A lot of people are complaining their batteries are being drained by their remotes and they are not plugging headphones into the remote for private listening mode, so it has nothing to do with that.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@PickleFace wrote:

If you use the small JBL earbuds that come with some of the Roku - those will get you the longest battery life.  The power required to move those little drivers (speakers) is much less than if you use larger phones (especially over-the-ear larger ones). 

I resorted to rechargeables because my remote was essentially eating the batteries.  I hope this helps.

This is helpful about the buds. I sure do hate those cheap earbuds, though. And the reL problem is the remote battery use. I am quite disappointed with Roku. I used Comcast remote for years with very few battery changes. I thought Roku might be a reasonable alternative- it’s not!

BTW can you please tell me how to send a message @danny? Nothing is intuitive with this support process.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@CAA 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos