Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Battery life is extremely Poor, Why?

Jump to solution

Support team won't be able to fix this issue. It'll have to be an issue the higher ups at the Roku design department will have to fix on their next version of the remote. Please suggest a rechargable remote to your design team. Its a simple design change. Just add a rechargable battery pack & install a USB C port twords the back of the remote. It makes sense for rechargable devices to last 3 to 4 days but its rediculous & unacceptable to have to go through dissposable batteries this quickly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I also shoud point out the built in Roku volume goes up to 100% when the Roku Ultra goes to sleep but the TV volume remains the same. This could also be contributing to the high battery drain. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This seem to be a result of software update that occurred recently.  The more complaints filed, the more likely something will happen. I have owned my TV for more than 2 years and this has only started happening recently. 

[post edited]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Perhaps a battery scam Roku worked together with Duracell to pull off? The Duracells seem to last the least & it just happens to come with Duracells. Hmmm.

Noticed the 2800mAh EBL rechargables I got last up to a week which is better than the 3 to 4 days I got out of the dissposable Durracells it came with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Having the same problem. My last batteries lasted two days this last time. [personal information removed]. The serial number is YH008J573436. My old Roku remote worked fine. I think I changed the battery once in about 9 years. People are talking about changing the battery every two months and that fixes the problem? That also is not acceptable! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

If you leave your headphones or headset plugged in while not watching that will drain the batteries a lot quicker. Try unplugging the headset when not in use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

My remotes for both of my 4k roku's drain batteries like crazy! They are not the kind of remotes that have the headphone Jack's so I am not plugging anything into them. I have to change the batteries in both within a week. The one I have for the living room dies the fastest, but they both die very quickly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

What type batteries? Rechargeable or normal?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Robstrachan11 

Thanks for the information.

For future reference, please send me a PM with your information. We don't recommend posting personal information in a public place.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Tnangl3232 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos