Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Can figure out why my remote control eats batteries way too fast.

Roku Streaming Stick Plus
Model 3810X
Enhanced Remote
Software version 9.1.0. * build 4111-50

I have used headphones a few times for short periods and always unplug when finished.

Labels (1)
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@airsnoopyrd @Blasley07 @androidtanmay @Markdumond @faeroe @bdpopeye @scannerdarkly @Realfresh89 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you are using private listening, it will typically drain the battery on your remote faster than when not being used.

If you are not using private listening with your remote and are still experiencing issues with battery drain, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll see what I can do to further assist from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remotes batteries die in 2 weeks

Jump to solution

@DuckHouse @cham925 @Scout1 @azsunnie @miltk1 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku remote batteries don’t last

Jump to solution

@D2 @kag0457 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, if you are experiencing battery drain with your remote, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@Kimthacker @Hjsaxman @BobVT @GFB 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
709 Replies
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution
You never mention how fast "too fast" is..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution
@gister63

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing. 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
Hello,
My Enhanced Remote has been draining batteries also and we are changing them weekly if not more often.  Is this a problem that can be fixed or do I need to buy a new remote? Thank you Penni
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution
Hi @shocker3,

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution
Thanks for letting us know what you're running into. 

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and the serial number of your Roku Streaming Stick from Settings>System>About. I'll have our support team reach out to assist for further from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Roku Streaming + batteries do not last 24 hrs

Jump to solution

My remote for my roku streaming stick + drains batteries in less than 24hrs.

I've gone through 6 sets in the space of a week.

It never used to do this but has recently started and it has become unusable as I shouldnt have to keep on replacing batteries

Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

I am needing to replace batteries very two days.  The remote is 6 months old.

What gives?  Is this covered under warranty?

Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

Are you using the headphone jack on the remote? If so, leaving the headphones plugged in when not in use leaves the audio amp powered on and can drain the batteries exactly as you mention. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.