Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

How do I send you a private message regarding my remote

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have two Roku remotes.  One for bedroom and one for bedroom.  But I had trouble with one in living room.  It would only do sound and on and off.  I brought in the bedroom one and it will only work the changing of staycations and whatever streaming channels we want.  One has the linking button in back. Model RC-AL7. FCC ID TC2-RCB14. It has the linking button.  The other one, that changes channels has the same model number and FCC ID. But does not have the linking button.  How can I get them to work properly?  

sorry, both have the linking button.  Cah

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have two remotes. One will only on and off and sound.  The other will only work the channels etc.

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with your remote draining batteries, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

We're having to replace the batteries at least once a month on Roku Streaming Stick+.  The whole Roku system is only 6 months old. serial number: YHOOD7834656

0 Kudos
Level 21

Jump to solution

@debbiefly wrote:

We're having to replace the batteries at least once a month on Roku Streaming Stick+.  The whole Roku system is only 6 months old.  serial number: YHOOD7834656

Please, edit your post and remove your email address. It's very unsafe to post that in a public forum. You need to send that to @RokuDanny-R in a private message.

Click the 3 vertical dots to the right of your post and select Edit Reply and remote your email. Then click on Danny's name and you can send a PM on his profile page. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Roku Express+ Remote killing batteries

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express+ and the remote works great when I put in fresh batteries.  The problem is I need to replace them every 2 days.  The short term fix is to remove the batteries after every use, but there has to be a better way.

My Roku stick remote control is drinking batteries

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@airsnoopyrd @Blasley07 @androidtanmay @Markdumond @faeroe @bdpopeye @scannerdarkly @Realfresh89 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that if you are using private listening, it will typically drain the battery on your remote faster than when not being used.

If you are not using private listening with your remote and are still experiencing issues with battery drain, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll see what I can do to further assist from there.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Roku streaming stick plus is draining batteries very rapidly what can I do?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi my remote control battery's are also draining fast every 2 weeks and I've never hooked any headphones into the remote control

0 Kudos