Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku remote drains batteries in no time

Jump to solution

It is just shy of three months since providing my information as requested and receiving confirmation that it was forwarded to the support team. I have heard nothing. Unbelievably poor customer service for what is obviously such a common problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I have rapid battery drain. Don't use private listening. Enhanced remote type RC-AL2. Only about 10 months old. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

SN YJ00E9001997

OS 9.3.0 Build 4194-46

ID CS37DE001997

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote battery draining quickly

Jump to solution

Over the last 2 months my remote battery has been dying very quickly. I have even switched over to rechargeable batteries thinking it would help but it’s not. I’m not using private listening or doing much with the remote for it to die so quickly. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We have 11 Rokus with remotes, 2 of them can go through batteries in a few weeks. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

My Stick is using up batteries all the time. My last set lasted 8 month i guess that's good for what i see on this  post.  I tried to turn off private listening , not sure if  i found it .

Why do these remotes waste  batteries????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I PM'd the Roku guy and he forwarded it over to the Roku Support team.  I had the new remote in like 3 days.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@batteryissue wrote:

My Stick is using up batteries all the time. My last set lasted 8 month i guess that's good for what i see on this  post.  I tried to turn off private listening , not sure if  i found it .

Why do these remotes waste  batteries????

Eight months is more than reasonable for a remote in use often. WiFi Direct remote batteries will not last as long as IR remotes because they have two way communications that is enabled at all times. They do go into sleep mode when unused for some time, but 6-8 months would not be excessive. You didn't state how long they are lasting now, so we can't make a judgement. But yes, if you were using the headphones for private listening the batteries will drain much faster. If you don't unplug the headphones when not in use the batteries will likely on last a matter of days. You must unplug the headphones when not in use, otherwise the audio amplifier in the remote remains powered up at all times. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@OPLifer @akidney @JerryGoodman @SPJ @batteryissue 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny got mine over the customer support and I had a new remote within 3 days.   Thank You Danny!

0 Kudos