Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Battery life rubbish on enhanced remote

Jump to solution

I completely agree and I'm following to see what Roku has to say about this.  I have to replace my batteries every 3 weeks and I only use the remote a few times a month.  It's pathetic. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Battery life rubbish on enhanced remote

Jump to solution

@Colt72 @dorcaf 

Thanks for the posts.

As stated numerous times in my previous posts, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I am really troubled by the battery drain of my Roku remote from the Roku Ultra we use in our bedroom. I don't use headphones. Perhaps I should use high end batteries as I do for my Blink Camera system? It's pretty much weekly now.

Please advise and thanks!

Joanne

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

@OPLifer wrote:

I am really troubled by the battery drain of my Roku remote from the Roku Ultra we use in our bedroom. I don't use headphones. Perhaps I should use high end batteries as I do for my Blink Camera system? It's pretty much weekly now.

Please advise and thanks!

Joanne

No, that's not normal. I just replaced the batteries today on my Ultra 4670, and they're either the original (10+ months old) or maybe replaced once in that time. My Ultra 4640 is similar, going many months. 

Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your device model and serial number and see what they can do.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. We're usually good for a week,  then have to change the batteries again. We're eating through them!

Roku Model: 3810X

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku remote drains batteries in no time

Jump to solution

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING.  This is very frustrating.....my Roku  Express+   Device # S0123021E7G9,   my SKU# 3931RW  LOT# 2141018074   I have 3 Roku devices on 3 different tvs in my home and this is the only one giving me problems but it is on my main tv so it is not good.  My battery drains in less than 2 weeks.  I went back and read directions and even followed them buying Duracell batteries but that did not make any difference of course.  Please replace this device as it is defective and I am happy with my other 2.   I see that this is a common problem as others have written about having the same issue.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.  [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny,  how do I PM you??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I think most of us had trouble PM'ing Danny.  You have to:

1  Go to community.roku.com

2  Sign in if you are not already signed in

3  Look at the top of the page where your avatar is.  There is an envelope beside it.  Click on it.

4  Then click on the "Mew Message" button about the center of the page

5  Then under "Send To" type in Danny's PM address, which is: RokuDanny-R

6  Then complete the form and click "Send Message"

I know this is all supposed to be intuitive, but rather than all of us reinventing the wheel, hope this helps the learning curve for everyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote eats batteries once every 2 weeks

Jump to solution

I have a steaming stick. Batteries don’t last more than 2 weeks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

The other way to send someone a PM is to click their name or avatar, and select View Profile. Once in Danny's profile there's a button labeled Send Private Message. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos