Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku remote eats a lot of batteries

Jump to solution

I had the same problem and replaced the remote and it stopped

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I surf a lot and had the same problem, so I purchased an Energizer rechargeable battery and plug-in charger set. There's always a fresh set of batteries when I need them. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I’m replacing two Duracell batteries every 2-3 days. It’s obviously a design or production flaw. I may have to go with Apple TV is it’s not fixed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

Exact same problem. I wish Roku Would actually answer this question instead of asking everyone to DM their serial number and account email address to them. It seems this forum would be better if Roku would actually answer the question or tell people what might be wrong with the design so we would know why the batteries keep draining.

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JayTee15 @DCrais1 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New Batteries Appear Dead

Jump to solution

Recently my Roku Ultra point anywhere remote was dead so naturally I thought to just replace the batteries. Well I do and it will control the Roku and TV for about 5 seconds, flash that the batteries are dead, then have no control at all. I have tried with multiple sets of new batteries and can confirm that they have an adequate charge. Every time I take out and reinsert the batteries, I gain control for a few seconds then loose it. I did do some network changes recently but I can't see how mounting the AP in the living room vs leaving it on the office floor would make a difference but maybe it did. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote draining a set of batteries every week

Jump to solution

I need help.  My remote is draining batteries.   New batteries are on zero percent almost immediately. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New enhanced remote drained batteries

Jump to solution

I just received the new enhanced remote on 9/17, that was on back order for several weeks, which did not come with batteries.  I purchased brand new batteries and they have already drained after less than four days, with regular use- no private listening.  I reviewed other similar posts and the solution on each was to send a private message, but I do not have that option without posting my own message.  I recently purchased the Roku speakers that came with two remote, but neither have the enhanced features, so I paid an additional 29.99 for a fourth remote, just to have it die on the fourth day.  The ability to contact Roku support continues to be so frustrating and difficult, especially when so many others have the same problem but you don’t post a solution that helps everyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku stick remote draining a set of batteries every week

Jump to solution

There's report after report of this in the Remotes section, the only solution ever given is to contact @RokuDanny-R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Enhanced Voice Remote eating batteries !

Jump to solution

I agree. I did PM my info and got no answers.

I did a search and came up with a website to contact Roku.

My remote was still under warranty and they sent me a new one.

So 2 days in and waiting to see if this remote will be better.

0 Kudos