Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I am having a problem with my ultra remote using excessive batteries.  I do use the earphones attachment occasionally but never leave them plugged in....I use two set set of batteries per week.....any solution..??

[personal information removed]

Roku Ultra

Model # 4660x2

IC # 5959A-R1016

CK 391A606710

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

@Vlad11 

Thanks for the post.

I have already replied to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

@Lewms139 

Thanks for the information.

For future reference, please send me a PM if you are providing me with personal information. We high recommend not posting personal information in a public place.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku stick battery eaters

Jump to solution

@Mbauderjr @EllieH 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello, just purchased Roku Streaming Stick + and batteries failed in two days.  Device id is 21306D987192,  lot # 2189046228.  What solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra remote stopped working

Jump to solution

Purchased my Roku Ultra via Best Buy and rec'd it 7/28/2020.  Just last night it stopped working.  After I changed the batteries it worked briefly then stopped.  A little empty battery symbol flashes in the upper right hand corner seconds before the remote shuts down.  I removed the new batteries and put them back in only for the remote to work for several seconds then shutting down again.  How do I get a new remote without having to return/exchange the entire device including streaming player?  It's a lot to spend for a remote to stop after only a month and a half with minimal use.  Please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku is using a new set of batteries every week

Jump to solution

I've seen this issue throughout this community.  My Roku is going through a set of batteries every week.  What can be done about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku is using a new set of batteries every week

Jump to solution

My remote is going through them every week or less as well.  Not only COSTLY but environmentally unfriendly

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had the same issue of excessive battery drain on the Roku remote for Roku Ultra.  Every time I try to use the Roku (which is not very often), either the remote batteries have to be changed or the batteries have to be removed, reset, unit power cycled, etc.  It is a hassle.  And note that I don't use the headphones feature at all.  This is the 2nd remote and the problem persists.  I have three more Roku devices (one on each tv) and all of their remotes exhibit a similar problem as far as battery drain is concerned.  Of course, the one for the Ultra is the worst among all.  Pls. help and advise a permanent solution. 

P.S.:  Note that I only use premium alkaline AA batteries; either Duracell or Kirkland (Costco) brand.  So its not like the batteries don't last because they are cheap ones.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@MS_ATL 

Thanks for the post. 

I have replied to the PM that you have sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos