Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Remote Eats Batteries

Jump to solution

I love using my ROKU for my TV and music needs; however, I don't like how the remote eats batteries.  How do I exchange my remote for one that doesn't eat batteries ... can you send me a 12 count box of AAA batteries each month.  I haven't used this many batteries in my life, especially in a remote.  Usually they corrode up the remote before I need to change them.  What do I need to do?

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Remote Eats Batteries

Jump to solution

Hello anyone there.  If you can't provide telephone support you should at least respond timely.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Remote Eats Batteries

Jump to solution

You need to respond if you don't have telephone support.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Hi, I am not using the microphone but find that my remote drains my batteries within 2-3 days. Can you please help.  Thanks,

Kyle

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue with remote for my roku 4

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Remote RCAL7 battery drain

Jump to solution

We bought the RCAL7 remote to replace the original roku remote we got with our device several years ago.  We have had the remote for just a little over a month and already on the 4th set of batteries.  There is no headphone jack, so there is no private listening drainage.  The remote does not get hot like some other posts state that their different model remotes do. It just drains batteries like crazy.  My last remote only required battery replacement once or twice over a several year period, and it did have a headphone jack.  While I have seen this issue posted for other remotes and devices, I have not seen it for this specific model of remote.

Is the battery drain on the RCAL7 normal, or is the remote defective?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, if you are experiencing battery drain with your remote, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

How do we send you a PM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@virjinya 

Click on RokuDanny-R's name then click "View Profile".

Scroll down a bit and on the right side of the screen click the purple rectangular button that says: "Send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

There's no people button on the right to PM...

0 Kudos