Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Roku stick remote control is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I am getting really annoyed with the continued battery issues on the Roku remotes while Roku seems to be doing nothing about it. I can't speak for anyone else who says that their batteries are actually draining quickly, for me my batteries appear to be perfectly fine. The problem is that my Roku keeps telling me that my batteries are completely empty, but they are not.

Almost anytime I press a button the empty battery pop up appears in the top right of the screen. When I go to the remote settings it tells me my batteries are 0%. Well I'm sorry Roku but if they were actually at 0% battery power left then none of my button presses would work, now would they? My remote is working just fine with the batteries in them, and I will not change them and put in new batteries when not one button press has failed to work.

For me the issue is simple, give us an option to turn off the annoying and intrusive low battery warning because it doesn't work, it gives inaccurate readings and tells me my batteries are dead when they most certainly function properly, the message is just constantly spamming me! I'm still waiting for Roku to do anything about this!

Update the firmware so the battery detection actually gives the correct results, and also stop making the warning mandatory, I never want to see this annoying low battery pop up again!

Highlighted
Level 7

Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

I need to change the batteries on the remote control daily. Roku Ultra model 4660RW. Can you help me please. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Enhanced Remote is draining batteries

Jump to solution

Same problem. I already posted a message but nobody help me.

Highlighted
Level 7

remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

The remote that comes with the Roku Ultra is an annoying power hungry magpie.

I don't need it to tell me the remaining time of  the show.

why don't you switch to a rechargeable usb remote. it would be nice!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote is a power hungry magpie

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, if you are experiencing battery drain with your remote, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

As requested previously in this thread, please update the Roku firmware to include a new option in the remote settings to turn the low battery pop up message on or off. So our screens don't keep getting spammed with low battery messages when the batteries are fine! This message on the screen is unnecessary and it should not be forced, not everyone wants it! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

How to send you a pm?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

How do we PM you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Romancamus @CAA 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

How do we pm you - no address.

0 Kudos